Vermeulens is a North American leader in construction cost economics with almost 45 years in the industry. Specializing in pre-construction cost control in the institutional sectors of health-care, higher education, science and technology, and cultural facilities. With over 150 projects per year spanning the United States and Canada, Vermeulens represents over $10 billion in construction volume.
We are always seeking dynamic individuals to complement our team.
Pre-Construction Cost Estimator
As a Cost Estimator, you will assume an active role in projects from concept design to contract documents. Your educational background, exceptional computer skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills will allow you to contribute to the estimation of each project through to a successful consensus-driven reconciliation with the client and all stakeholders.
We are seeking a candidate in the Toronto area that can demonstrate outstanding communication and project management skills. Your numerical personality will make you a perfect fit. You will work closely with our highly specialized estimating and project management teams in our head office and satellite offices.
ement teams in our head office and satellite offices.
- Preparation of detailed quantity surveys
- Analyzing data and preparation of reports
- Providing accurate surveys and reports
- Reviewing and comparing estimates
- Understanding ratios and cost drivers
- Communicating estimate and variances to Project Manager for reconciliation with client
- Participating in reconciliation meetings with construction managers
- Monitoring project costs, performing cost analysis, and preparing project reports
- Reviewing bids for Project Manager
- Participating in value engineering
- Analysis of design documentation
- Building office relationships, mentoring, showing leadership and collaboration
- Integrating with estimate production team and process
- Mastering cost estimation and scheduling software
- Understanding and integrating within the Vermeulens culture
- Completion of a degree in Engineering or related program (recent grads with some relevant co-op experience are encouraged to apply).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident in your numerical and analytical abilities
- Work experience that demonstrates project management skills
- Highly organized, utilizing well-developed time management techniques
- Self motivated to maintain a sharp learning curve
- Skilled in delegation and proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Ability to lead meetings and eventually travel throughout North America
- Outstanding computer and technical skills; including knowledge of Excel, Access, On-Screen Takeoff etc.
This progressive opportunity offers competitive compensation and bonus as well as health benefits coverage, vehicle allowance and more!
Join an organization that offers a collaborative working environment and the support of an extremely well-organized, motivated and successful firm.
Vermeulens goes above and beyond to maintain its outstanding reputation in their field of expertise. Truly, Service Beyond Estimation™